名词原因; 理由; 理性; 理智
及物/不及物动词推理，思考; 争辩; 辩论; 向…解释
1. with reason : 有道理, 合理；
2. as reason was : 根据情理；
3. by reason of : 由于, 因为；
4. for no other reason than that : 只是因为；
5. by reason that : 因为；
6. out of all reason : 全然无理的；reason 相关例句
1. I reasoned him out of selling his house.
1. The reason for her absence was that she was ill.
2. There's a great deal of reason in his advice.
3. We have reason to believe that he was lying.
4. The reason she was ill was that she had eaten bad meat.
A：We’re looking for a manager to run the new branch office.
B：Where is the branch office?
A：It happens to be very close to your home. We were actually hoping that you might want to fill the position.
B：I’d have to think about it. How many people would I be managing?
A：It will start off small, with only about 10 employees.
B：That is quite small.
A：Are you interested?
B：I guess. I do like the office I’m working in now, but it would be nice to work closer to my home.
A：Your salary would remain the same, but if you do a good job, I think there’s a possibility of a promotion down the road.
A：Yes. The reason we chose you is because you’re the best manager we have. We need someone who can organize the new office and make it run well.
B：So this isn’t a demotion?
A：Oh, no, it’s quite the opposite!
B：Well then, when should I start?
A：So you’ll do it?
A：Great! We’ll send some people over to move your things tomorrow. You can have a long weekend and then start at your new office on Monday.
1. 原因：风暴边境犬舍(King Storm kennel)是一家专门从事边境牧羊犬单一犬种繁育研究工作的犬舍,在舍种犬均拥有非常良好的血统,高贵不凡,并 ...网站未能打开 (Website not open) 原因 (Reason): 您的主机已过期,您可以登录虚拟主机管理中心进行续费.
2. 原因,理由：我有时候惊讶于他们这种不问原因的信仰,同时也惊讶我们自己为理性的驯服:没有理由已经成为我们没有信仰的基本原因,理由(reason)已经成为我们信任与信仰的前提.reason 双语例句
1. I realize that a lot of man wholly adjust China very curiously, Reason that probably is for Chinese history age-old, I to Canada also very curiously, For what I can tell, There are a lot of China returneds students in Canada.
2. The put in advertisement Google Adsense of the website, but this should not be a reason.
3. For the period of years after the Closing Date either on its own account or in conjunction with any Restricted Business deal with any person who at the Closing Date is or who within a period of one year prior to the Closing Date has been a client or customer of the Company whether or not such person would commit a breach of contract by reason of transferring business; and
4. for the period of years after the Closing Date either on its own account or in conjunction with any Restricted Business deal with any person who at the Closing Date is or who within a period of one year prior to the Closing Date has been a client or customer of the Company whether or not such person would commit a breach of contract by reason of transferring business; and
5. for the period of years after the Closing Date either on its own account or in conjunction with or on behalf of any person, firm or company, in connection with any Restricted Business endeavour to entice away from the Company any person who at the Closing Date is or who within a period of one year prior to the Closing Date has been a supplier of the Company whether or not such person would commit a breach of contract by reason of transferring business; and
6. for the period of years after the Closing Date either on its own account or in conjunction with or on behalf of any person, firm or company, in connection with any Restricted Business, solicit the custom of or endeavour to entice away from the Company any person who at the Closing Date is or who within a period of one year prior to the Closing Date has been a client or customer of the Company whether or not such person would commit a breach of contract by reason of transferring business; and
7. The small proportion of population is also one reason.
8. The reason I don't like the third one is I don't like animals on the pictures and I think it looks too cold and cheerless.
9. Interviewer:What's the reason you like this movie?
10. It can be applied to reason from the statistic and subjective knowledge in the form of expectation.
11. Objective To study the reason and treatment for difficulty in head birth of improved cesarean section.
12. The article writes freely at will, full of vigor, recount the dint to avoid even spread to keep the xu, communicate officially to jump up to tremble to move much, the details is breathtaking and suspicious but again not disobey the reason, open up the jing to build the idea, beg intentionally lately.
13. That is the very reason that writing them is just as error-prone as writing any other complex programming code.
14. They are the reason we are not in prison.
15. You have good/enough reason to say so.
16. We don't know the exact reason.
17. There is no reason given by Microsoft for the word.
18. Based on the gasification process of Lurgi gasifier, this paper describes the features of temperature elevating of the gas exit and/or ash lock and analyzes its reason, then summarizes the measures taken to avoid its happenning.
19. There's another reason for the lack of political ferment: it's exhausting.
20. For this reason, butterfly valve can only be used for load fixed occasions.
The reason for something is a fact or situation which explains why it happens or what causes it to happen.
e.g. There is a reason for every important thing that happens...
e.g. Who would have a reason to want to kill her?
If you say that you have reason to believe something or to have a particular emotion, you mean that you have evidence for your belief or there is a definite cause of your feeling.
e.g. They had reason to believe there could be trouble...
e.g. He had every reason to be upset...
The ability that people have to think and to make sensible judgments can be referred to as reason .
e.g. ...a conflict between emotion and reason...
e.g. Mike is my voice of reason. He thinks logically and points out where I'm going wrong.
If you reason that something is true, you decide that it is true after thinking carefully about all the facts.
e.g. I reasoned that changing my diet would lower my cholesterol level...
e.g. 'Listen,' I reasoned, 'it doesn't take a genius to figure out what Adam's up to.'
If you do not know why someone did something, you can say that they did it for reasons best known to themselves. You usually use this expression when you do not agree with what they did.
e.g. For reasons best known to himself, Algie changed his name.
If one thing happens by reason of another, it happens because of it.
e.g. The boss retains enormous influence by reason of his position...
e.g. He pleaded innocent by reason of insanity.
If you try to make someone listen to reason, you try to persuade them to listen to sensible arguments and be influenced by them.
e.g. The company's top executives had refused to listen to reason.
If you say that something happened or was done for no reason ,for no good reason, or for no reason at all, you mean that there was no obvious reason why it happened or was done.
e.g. The guards, he said, would punch them for no reason...
e.g. For no reason at all the two men started to laugh.
If a person or thing is someone's reason for living or their reason for being, they are the most important thing in that person's life.
e.g. Chloe is my reason for living.
If you say that something happened or is true for some reason, you mean that you know it happened or is true, but you do not know why.
e.g. For some reason, the curtains were shut...
e.g. For some inexplicable reason she was attracted to Patrick.
If you say that you will do anything within reason, you mean that you will do anything that is fair or reasonable and not too extreme.
e.g. I will take any job that comes along, within reason...
e.g. It means working, within reason, for whatever time is necessary.
12. rhyme or reason -> see rhyme
to reason -> see
it stands to reason -> see stand
相关词组：reason withreason 单语例句reason
1. If we agree that consumers are rational spenders, we cannot see any reason for them to reject Chinese goods across the board.
2. " Poor business is also another reason why we moved out, " he says.
3. One reason is that India's domestic IT services market is very small, providing limited business opportunity locally.
4. The main reason for the slow development of the service industry is the high business tax on this sector.
5. " That is the reason we donated books and some physical care equipments to them, " an employee from Nestle China told China Business Weekly.
6. But for me, that's totally the wrong reason to invest.
7. Another reason for the decreasing number of butterflies is that some illegal groups hunt rare butterfly species to smuggle them abroad for profit.
8. There is no reason to buy formal clothes if you will not wear it to work.
9. Authorities said the reason for the move was " safety concerns over crowds buying newspapers ", but both readers and commentators questioned the decision.
10. Their deputies elected by the people have every reason to act on behalf of those they represent.reasonreason 英英释义
1. the capacity for rational thought or inference or discrimination
e.g. we are told that man is endowed with reason and capable of distinguishing good from evil
2. a fact that logically justifies some premise or conclusion
e.g. there is reason to believe he is lying
3. an explanation of the cause of some phenomenon
e.g. the reason a steady state was never reached was that the back pressure built up too slowly
4. a justification for something existing or happening
e.g. he had no cause to complain
they had good reason to rejoice
5. a rational motive for a belief or action
e.g. the reason that war was declared
the grounds for their declaration
6. the state of having good sense and sound judgment
e.g. his rationality may have been impaired
he had to rely less on reason than on rousing their emotions
1. think logically
e.g. The children must learn to reason
2. decide by reasoning
draw or come to a conclusion
e.g. We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house
Synonym: reason outconclude
3. present reasons and arguments