名词帮助; 助手; 外援; 辅助设备
及物动词帮助; 救助; 资助; 促进
1. in aid of : 用以援助..., 作为援助...之用；aid 相关例句
1. I aided him in his enterprise.
2. I aided him with money.
3. She made no effort to aid Sophia.
1. They aided in solving the problem.
1. He should be able to read this without the aid of a dictionary.
A：Hello, can I help you?
B：Well, Im looking for some winter clothes for my wife.
A：Oh, it is the high time for your purchasing in our clothes shop. We are now having a pre-season sale on all our winter apparel.
B：Really? Whats that?
A：Everything for winter is 20% off.
B：I think my wife may favor the sweater in the shopwindow. And would you like to aid me to look for any skirts going with this sweater?
A：Sure. We have both skirts and trousers that would go well with the sweater. Look to this section.
B：I especially like this flowery skirt. My wife must be very elegant in them.
A：You have a good taste. It is very much in style this year.
B：But I dont think the green one fits her complexion. Do you have any of those skirts in light color or tan?
A：Look on the rack to your right.
B：Oh yes. Ill take this one. Can I pay with a travelers check?
2. aid：acquired immure deficiency syndrome; 艾滋病
3. aid：acute infectious diseases; 急性传染病
4. aid：agency of international development; 国际开发署
5. aid：association internationale pourle developpement; 国际开发协会aid 双语例句
1. The problem of the area can be researched with the aid of the symplectic space.
2. But announcement of the Ministry of Public Security reminds, illegal element uses great majority person to operate circuit to what shop on the net, how avoid risk and discern the characteristic that illegal website lack understands, of network of have the aid of concealment quality, buy with network group for the name executive bilk commits a crime.
3. In 2005, China First Aviation Industry Group and the Zimbabwe Ministry of Traffic signed a new export contract of two Xinzhou-60 aircraft, which is the first time to export this kind of aircraft. In January 2006, the Chinese government gave Zimbabwe a Xinzhou-60 aircraft as an aid.
4. Sterilized Cotton Swabs, cotton swabs, Bacteria-free Fitted Sheet, Bleeding-control Strip, bandage, and band-aid.
5. An optimum blend of valerian root extract and hops to help aid natural sleep throughout the night.
6. If you follow the rules, you'll also fall asleep more quickly at night, because at the end of the day, your brain metabolizes serotonin into the natural sleep aid melatonin.
7. A true sleep innovation, Insomnia-X is the only natural sleep aid in a unique dual action bi-layered tablet.
8. The ultimate high potency, natural sleep aid - available without a prescription.
9. Since Cyclone Nargis struck Myanmar, the Burmese government, industry leaders, residents and NGOs have been striving to return the lives of its people to normalcy. Six months after the storm, Tzu Chi volunteers held a groundbreaking ceremony for Da Ai homes in San Pya Village of Kungyangon which will be able to provide 744 families with a shelter from wind and rain. While they were there, volunteers also carried out home visits and an aid distribution for the villagers.
10. He had been trained in rudimentary astrogation and ship-to-ship tactics, but it wasn't enough; it was like trying to perform brain surgery with only a basic aid kit.
11. By investigating the characteristics of Fixture design, a framework of computer aided Fixture design tool is proposed. It can aid the designer from two aspects. One is for design resources sharing. The thesis developed a standard parts library and a common-used parts library based on Client/Server mode, and the management tools for them. The other is for improving the intelligence of computer aided Fixture design system, by introducing case-based design method into it.
12. Thirty-third article of criminal suspects by the investigating authorities first questioned the adoption of coercive measures or the date the lawyer entrusted with lawyer practicing certificate and proof of power of attorney law firm or legal aid letters, the right to meet criminal suspects and defendants people and learn more about the circumstances of the case.
13. Says, aid to agriculture fell almost sixty percent from nineteen eighty-four to two thousand four.
14. The construction of a reinforced concrete deck box arch bridge was carried out by segment precasting, cable crane installation and cantilever erection by the aid of stayed cables with the cables fixed by the anchors embedded in rocks.
15. Objective Probe into the clinical first aid of eyes traumatism and attend to the result.
16. Another reason such marriages are rare--no one knows exactly how many there are--is that marital status can affect the amount of support that adults with disabilities receive from federal aid programs administered by the states.
17. Yet without these numbers, she says, who knows if one hundred twenty billion dollars in official development aid each year is being spent wisely?
18. No scutage nor aid shall be imposed on our kingdom, unless by common counsel of our kingdom, except for ransoming our person, for making our eldest son a knight, and marrying our eldest daughter one time.
没有 scutage 也不援助应当对我们英国，除非我们共同的律师王国，除了ransoming我们的人，使我们的长子骑士，和我们的大女儿结婚一次。
19. No scutage not aid shall be imposed on our kingdom, unless by common counsel of our kingdom, except for ransoming our person, for making our eldest son a knight, and for once marrying our eldest daughter; and for these there shall not be levied more than a reasonable aid.
20. The cylindrical standard mirror was calibrated by the aid of the absolute testing method.
Aid is money, equipment, or services that are provided for people, countries, or organizations who need them but cannot provide them for themselves.
e.g. ...regular flights carrying humanitarian aid to Cambodia...
e.g. They have already pledged billions of dollars in aid.
To aid a country, organization, or person means to provide them with money, equipment, or services that they need.
e.g. ...US efforts to aid Kurdish refugees.
e.g. ...a charitable organization that has spent millions aiding pharmaceutical research.
To aid someone means to help or assist them.
e.g. ...a software system to aid managers in advanced decision-making...
e.g. The hunt for her killer will continue, with police aided by the army and air force.
If you perform a task with the aid of something, you need or use that thing to perform that task.
e.g. He succeeded with the aid of a completely new method he discovered...
e.g. Gently raise your upper body to a sitting position, without the aid of your hands.
An aid is an object, device, or technique that makes something easier to do.
e.g. The new law gives authorities a responsibility to provide aids to the disabled...
e.g. The book is an invaluable aid to teachers of literature...
If something aids a process, it makes it easier or more likely to happen.
e.g. The export sector will aid the economic recovery...
e.g. Calcium may aid in the prevention of colon cancer.
7. see also: Band-Aid;first aid;hearing aid;legal aid
An activity or event in aid of a particular cause or charity is intended to raise money for that cause or charity.
e.g. ...a charity performance in aid of Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
If you come or go to someone's aid, you try to help them when they are in danger or difficulty.
e.g. We're coming to the aid of the people of Somalia at the request of the United Nations...
e.g. Horrified neighbours rushed to his aid as he fell.
1. Despite the current economic downturn that has hit charity fundraising in the US, the business sector remains optimistic about its international aid endeavors.
2. Now the entire process of buying and selling the land by universities with the aid of local governments turns out to be a speculative business.
3. More than a dozen university students took part in the demonstration, funded by local animal rights group Wild Aid.
4. Some 90 percent of WFP food aid for Somalia arrives by sea.
5. It was the first aid delivered under internationally backed funding restrictions that bypass the Palestinian government led by the militant group Hamas since March.
6. In fact, some local courts have already taken action in establishing an aid system.
7. That question has prompted some in the US Congress to call for a review of economic aid to Pakistan.
8. Gates also made an urgent call for NATO allies to live up to their promises to supply military and economic aid for Afghanistan.
9. Wong said she sees a constant need for food aid in the area and has called on authorities to provide recurring funding for the program.
10. Aid workers complained Thursday that relief efforts are chaotic and lack resources as the homeless in squalid camp faced growing health risks.aid 英英释义
1. the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
e.g. no medical care was required
the old car needs constant attention
2. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
e.g. he gave me an assist with the housework
could not walk without assistance
rescue party went to their aid
offered his help in unloading
3. a resource
e.g. visual aids in teaching
4. money to support a worthy person or cause
Synonym: economic aidfinancial aid
1. improve the condition of
e.g. These pills will help the patient
2. give help or assistance
be of service
e.g. Everyone helped out during the earthquake
Can you help me carry this table?
She never helps around the house